thesixtyone -- lately my absolute favorite website! I think the UI just kicks ass very hard plus a lot of nice music there!
You are currently browsing blog entries only.
Doyle Bramhall II - Little Queen of Spades Guitar Solo - Gdynia, Poland (2008)
Eric Clapton - Layla - Gdynia, Poland (2008)
Eric Clapton - Cocaine - Gdynia, Poland (2008)
Bought Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II DVDs. Tracklisting:
Disc One: Disc Two: 1. Nightrain 1. You Could Be Mine 2. Mr. Brownstone 2. Drum Solo & Guitar Solo 3. Live and Let Die 3. Theme from "The Godfather" 4. It's So Easy 4. Sweet Child o' Mine 5. Bad Obsession 5. So Fine 6. Attitude 6. Rocket Queen 7. Pretty Tied Up 7. Move to the City 8. Welcome to the Jungle 8. Knockin' on Heaven's Door 9. Don't Cry 9. Estranged 10. Double Talkin' Jive 10. Paradise City 11. Civil War 12. Wild Horses 13. Patience 14. November Rain
FOAF.Vix, first publicly introduced in August 2006, has been heavily improved in the last 4 months. FOAF.Vix is a robust visualizer and relation explorer for FOAF (Friend of a Friend) files. Its highlighted features are the following:
- Standalone or customizable embedded web widget.
- Additional JSON output support.
- Localization (ca,de,el,en,eo,es,fr,ja,la,nb,pl,uk).
- Autodiscovery support.
- Microformats friendly (outputs hCard, hCalendar, adr, geo).
- Extracts FOAF data from XHTML RDFa 1.0.
- Simple and fast (uses 48h local caching).
In addition, the project's homepage has a new look:
After many years of reverse engineering, Microsoft releases Office binary formats and launches a new "Interoperability" website. Funny :) Check out also a nice follow-up: Why are the Microsoft Office file formats so complicated?
Check out an award-winning gadget Grono.net Widget for iGoogle :-)
I have made some URIs tweaks on my home page to conform more to, what is called, "pretty URIs", which follows these guidelines:
- use names short and easy to type and remember
- use names that visualize the site structure
- make names persistent
- hide language and mechanism implementation
- choose simple domain name if possible
See also the classic Cool URIs don't change.
And by the way, wojciechpolak.org is now alive.
And it wasn't only a rumor... Four years later, Blade Runner: Final Cut (Special Edition) DVD has been released! With restored, remastered, and extended scenes, added lines, new and cleaner special effects, new 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio, commentaries, and a feature-length authoritative documentary "Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner".
GNU Anubis 4.1 is out!
Here is the official annoucement, and following is the list of user-visible changes in this release:
- The package is licensed under GPL version 3
- New working mode: MDA
- The != (``not match'') operator is implemented.
- Added concatenation operator.
- With guile support enabled, Guile version 1.8.0 or later is required.
- Fixed handling of regular expressions.
- Got rid of arbitrary-sized buffers. All memory is being allocated on request.
- Process main configuration file no matter was the client recognized or not.
- Errors in Guile scripts are catched and displayed early. In previous versions they could cause aborting the subprocess.
- Support for GPGME 1.0.2
- Fixed minor bug in handling identd responses.
- Fixed SIGCHLD handling.
OpenSocial -- one API to rule them all?
My notes on GNU Bison XML Automaton Report, including the definition of an XML grammar, implementation in production, and XSLT transformations.
Enabling Read Access for Web Resources - a cross-site XMLHttpRequest specification. It is already implemented in Gran Paradiso Alpha 7.
Google Summer of Code and Mailutils
My recent work:
- libmuauth: new generalized mu_tls_begin() for POP/IMAP/SMTP protocols,
- code reorganization: added new libmu_mailer for handling sendmail and SMTP,
- added STARTTLS support to SMTP code handling,
- added support for new protocols: POPS (pops://) and IMAPS (imaps://),
- fixed APOP handling.